Community Empowerment and Serving
We Assist, Educate, Empower & give Orientation/Referrals
- Tutoring: teaching them how to navigate the system and access the community’s available resources
- Counseling: help them with past trauma and issues surrounding entering a new country
- Life Skills : ESL
- Employment: teach and assist refugees with resume preparation, interview skills, job search and referral.
- Computer Lab: enables the refugee and immigrant to conduct job search, be informed, be educated, to communicate with their families left home, and to be in touch with the world.
- Social Services: Human Services, ….
- Medical: we participate in Health Fair with them, educate them on health issues, help them find resources,…
- Benevolence: Our funds are very limited, but now and then we help refugees with emergency needs and or expose them to community resources
- Family Counseling: Our Executive Director wrote a book “Love Redeemed” on marriage and uses it for Couples counseling
- Our community Room offers them a safe environment where they can fellowship with others and not feel lost or like an outsider.
Youth & Young Adults:
1. Mentor refugee kids through Save Our Youth:
Transforming the lives of at-risk youth through mentor relationships, providing the skills for success in educational, emotional, spiritual development.
ü Educational Development—Improve youth’s connection and commitment to school.
ü Emotional Development—Improve youth’s connection and commitment to their mentor, other adults, and their peers.
ü Spiritual Development—Improve youth’s connection and commitment to community by “wrapping” them with a network of caring individuals that will help them make healthy life choices.
2. Youth & Young Adults Weekly Fellowship
Food & Clothing Bank:
The Food and Clothing Bank exists to serve those in need: refugees, immigrants and the local community. We at A La Source want to meet both spiritual and physical needs. Not only do we give people food and clothing, but we show them Christ’s love in the way we welcome, listen, & pray with and for them. We treat them as we would like to be treated. Request a Food Basket for a Family
Medical: we participate in Health Fair with the Refugees, educate them on health issues and help them find resources,…
A La Source hosts Health Forum conducted by our Medical Providers partners such as Inner city-Health
We help refugees be Environmentally sensitive and engaged. We have a whole curriculum designed and taught by our Specialist Staff (Masters Degree)
Cross-Cultural Education: For Schools, Churches, Organizations
A La Source Initiates a Cross-Cultural Dialogue, Equips the Community and Leaders on Cultural issues with a specific emphasis on Refugees.